Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bonjour! Je m'appelle...

Hello! My name is Desiree.



I just graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology. I don't know what I am going to do with my life. Oh, and piece of advice, anthropology is a great subject to take classes in, research, etc., but it doesn't really seem to mean a thing as a major unless you continue on in higher education with a Master's or a Doctorate's. At least, that's how I am pretty sure it is. That's how it seems now. I'm hoping that changes.

I have another blog about long distance relationships (I am currently in one right now. You can find the link here.), but I decided to also begin writing about my everyday life in a place that allows more than just 140 characters at a time.

I’m currently prepping myself for the biggest change in my life to this point: moving across the country to live with my boyfriend of nearly three years. How am I prepping myself for this life-changing moment? A Gossip Girl marathon of course! Netflix is my obsession, as I’m sure it is yours if you have an account. Netflix has grossly taken over my life. Take the term “grossly” whichever way you’d like, because it is probably accurate any way you look at it. Hours upon hours of marathoning various TV shows. Not only that, but rewatching the same select shows over and over again. Netflix has ruined my life. (I’m a bit overdramatic.)

Back to the Gossip Girl topic: I know it’s not just me who wants to change my life after watching this show. (It happens to me every time I have a GG marathon from start to end. Let me tell you, this happens often.) Every character has their own purpose and their own goals, and not to mention, FABULOUS style and poise. Who wouldn’t want to live like a New Yorker? The “It” Girls who are our closest thing to royalty? (Yes, I threw in another Cecily vZ reference.)

And after every GG-watching marathon comes a GG-reading marathon. Though, this time I couldn’t wait until after I finished my viewing spree. I listened to the first two audiobooks last time I had a long roadtrip, so I jumped right in to book four “Because I’m Worth It” yesterday (I can’t seem to find book three anywhere in my house).  And I forgot just how much the TV series differed from the novels. “Differed” isn’t the right term. There are minute similarities (I mean, the main characters, sure), but very big differences. At least big differences to me. And, with rereading the novels, I realized the characters are not nearly as glamorous as they are portrayed on the television series.

But that’s beside the point. The point is, I am starting a new chapter in my life soon. With new chapters come new beginnings. With new beginnings come new experiences. And new experiences call for new makeovers. Total makeovers. Not just the exterior, but of the mind as well. Let’s see how long this actually lasts.

À tout à l’heure.
-Désirée

No comments:

Post a Comment