Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Peinture Abstraite

My boyfriend bought me paint brushes and acrylic paint for Christmas this year because I told him I wanted to start a hobby. I have never taken an art class in my life (I was into band and theatre), and have never painted a single thing ever. So the past month and a half I have been dabbling in the art (pun intended) of painting.

I have always thought abstract paintings as beautiful and amazing and absolutely inspiring. I completed four abstract paintings today that I want to share! I think they're fun (even if they are amateur-ish).

Kiss the Rain

This piece is called Kiss the Rain. I painted this piece as I was listening to Kiss the Rain by Yiruma. It is slightly watered down acrylic paint on a 8" x 8" canvas.

Kill Me

This piece is called Kill Me. I painted this piece as I was listening to Kill Me by The Pretty Reckless. It is slightly watered down acrylic paint on 9" x 12" acrylic paper.

Spring Bouquet

This piece is called Spring Bouquet. This is my slightly different rendition of this Abstract Art Flowers painting. It is watered down acrylic paint on 9" x 12" acrylic paper.

Volcanic Eruption

This piece is called Volcanic Eruption. This piece is photographed upside down from how I painted it, but I  think it looks better this way. It is slightly watered down acrylic paint on 9" x 12" acrylic paper.

Anyway. Those are the four paintings I created today in the order I created them. I have some other paintings I have created that I might post later. But I'm kind of proud of these!

Salut!
-Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment