Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mon Petit Ami


Ever have a moment so monumentally exciting but you find yourself so unbelievably anxious and nervous? That’s how I am right now. Why, you ask? Well, I am moving in with my boyfriend NEXT WEEK! And it’s not just that I am moving in with my boyfriend next week, it’s that I am moving in with my boyfriend next week after about THREE YEARS of being long distance! How’s that for a change? (You can read all about my relationship/LDR advice here.)

I never saw myself living in Texas my whole life, I just never knew when I would be leaving… That is, until I started dating the bf. Sure, I like Texas. Well, I only like the hill country. Of course I have my family and friends here, but I just don’t belong. Everyone is so… country. Granted, North Carolinians are country as well, but at least it’s a step in the right direction for me.

So, my plans are simple really. Well, simple on the outside. I leave for the road trip to North Carolina on Wednesday, February 27th. We should be arriving Thursday evening. I graduated in December and don’t have a job lined up or grad school in the fall. Looking for work will be a joy (that’s sarcasm). But the reason for this journey: my boyfriend!

The bf graduates from law school in May! Can you believe I stayed with him, in a long distance relationship, throughout ALL of law school? Crazy, I know. I am super excited to finally be in the same city as him! I’ll try to keep this blog updated with my personal progress of being in a LDR to living with the guy. I mean, that’s kind of a huge change. Right?

À bientôt!
-Desiree

No comments:

Post a Comment