Thursday, March 21, 2013

Peinture Nature

This post is sort of a continuation off of my Peinture Abstraite post from last month. I really do enjoy abstract paintings. I think they are absolutely beautiful; they are expressive and unique. My boyfriend loves realistic paintings. After giving realistic paintings a shot, I completely understand his appreciation for them. They are difficult. (This could be why I decide not to paint them as frequently... I'm still a very new beginner.) Despite the difficulty, I have attempted to create "realistic" paintings of nature. Here is my collection thus far:

Sunset (1 of 6)

This was my first painting EVER. My mom, sister, boyfriend, and I found a picture, cropped the picture, cut the picture into sixths, and each took two of the six clippings to paint. This was the top middle clipping. I was pretty proud of it for being my first painting! It is acrylic paint on 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" mini canvas.

Sunset (2 of 6)

This is my second painting from this picture. It is the bottom left clipping. The coloring of this painting and the one above may be a bit off because our printer's ink was running low (we were painting based on those printed pictures). It is acrylic paint on 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" mini canvas.

Bluebonnet

This was my first experimentation with watered down acrylic. I am now obsessed with the looked of watered down acrylic. And, in case you didn't know, the bluebonnet is Texas's State Flower... And they are beautiful. This is watered down acrylic paint on 4 1/2" x 4" acrylic paper.

Falling Leaves

I just finished this painting yesterday and I absolutely love it. I'm still working on painting with dimensions and perspective. It is based off of this picture. It consists of acrylic paint and various levels of watered down acrylic paint on 9" x 12" acrylic paper.

Beach Sunset

This painting is still a work in progress. It is based off of this landscaping lesson. I started out with the lesson then just decided to do it my own way. I began painting it about three weeks ago and still haven't completed it. I get super frustrated with the clouds and I've had to paint over spots several time. I'm pretty proud of the beach/ocean area though I need to maybe make it a little darker. Anyway. It is acrylic paint on 9" x 12" acrylic paper.

So. Those are my "realistic" paintings of nature that I have so far. I hope to complete the Beach Sunset eventually... But we will see. 

À la semaine prochaine.
-Desiree


No comments:

Post a Comment